A versatile Interactive Art Director with over 10 years experience in eCommerce, online publishing, B2B and a fully integrated visual artist. Some of my clients include Canon USA, Godiva Chocolatier, Tourneau, Ann Taylor Loft, The Children’s Place, Hannaford Supermarkets, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Talbots, Adweek, and Editor & Publisher.
Most notably, I led the creative efforts for Canon USA, redesigning The Canon eStore, Canon Professional Service (CPS) and Canon Digital Learning Center sites, including their mobile designs. I also led the complete overhaul of Godiva.com for Godiva Chocolatier in which I redesigned the site’s visual strategy, product and beauty photography, user experience and online marketing campaign elements.
As creative lead I build and maintain client relations that bridge the gap between service provider and client advocate. A hands-on leader and natural communicator, my passion for the process comes through in my work, presentation and my open communication and collaboration.
With a proven track record and a wide variety of artistic and tech know how; traditional drawing and painting skills, classic graphic design, front end development and user experience design, I strive to deliver to the highest level possible.
Enthusiastic and outspoken integrated Art Director specializing in visual and interactive design with a focus in eCommerce and online publishing. A proven track record with top brand clients such as Canon USA, Godiva, Starwood Hotels, Tourneau and more. A self-starting problem solver with a hands-on leadership approach, cross discipline skills and a collaborative nature.
Art Director · Designer · Illustrator
Independent – December 2011 – Present
- Versatile integrated Art Director specializing in visual and interactive design, user experience design, responsive design, corporate identity and graphic design.
- Over 300 published illustrations for magazines, storyboard and concepting.
- Exhibited in galleries in New York, Philadelphia, Connecticut and San Diego.
- Clients; Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Talbots, New York Road Runners, Light Sources Inc., Toyota, Maxim, Revolver, Guitar World, Royal Flush Magazine, Bravado Entertainment and Global Merchandising.
Senior Art Director
Fry, Inc. – January 2009 – December 2011
- Creative lead on large scale site design campaigns including:
- Canon USA projects; Canon eStore, Canon Digital Learning Center and the Canon Professional Services (CPS).
- Godiva Chocolatier
- The Children’s Place
- Hannaford Supermarkets
- Bare Necessities
- Ran client meetings, created pitch media and presentations, and organized client discovery workshops.
- Collaborated with information architects and development groups to create innovative user experiences.
- Crafted new proposals for clients including social and mobile initiatives.
- Mentored and managed junior team members on design projects.
- Art directed photo shoots for marketing and product photography
Online Art Director, Godiva.com
Fry, Inc. – September 2006 – January 2009
- Art Director for all online retail design collateral, photography, web ads, social media content, and email contacts.
- Worked with client to develop marketing visuals, language and voice for seasonal campaigns.
- Directed seasonal photo shoots for all online photography.
- Creative lead for Godiva.com redesign (2009)
- Organized client discovery sessions to gain aspirational and inspirational knowledge for guidance for redesign.
- Collaborated with client, UX team and producers to align new design experience with the Godiva boutique shopping experience.
- Redesign experience a 40% sale increase during its first holiday season.
Cofounder · Managing Editor · Contributor
Royal Flush Magazine – January 2000 – Present
- Co-created the independent magazine and nurtured it from self-published fanzine to national distribution.
- Created the Royal Flush identity and visual standards.
- Edited stories, interviews and visual content as Managing Editor.
- Organized and conducted interviews, assigned work, designed layouts and created custom illustrations.
- Led marketing and partnership campaigns.
- Hosted events and expo meetings.
- Now considered the premier publication for art directors and writers to showcase their unbridled talent.
Bolt Media, Inc. – July 2005 – August 2006
- Led full corporate identity and site redesign of GameRevolution.com.
- Site designer for the online center for portable web content, Boltfolio.com.
- Crafted sales and marketing programs and designs for Bolt.com.
- Created the Bolt Band online music collaboration contest.
VNU eMedia –- August 2000 – July 2005
- Lead designer and producer for several large business to business publication sites including:
- Editor & Publisher • Billboard
- And even one called Nursing Home Living
- Participant in the two year long Tel-Escape project in which 250 static sites were redesigned and rebuilt as dynamic content sites.
- Designed and coded approximately 40 Tel-Escape sites.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
- BFA, Drawing and Painting, School of Visual Arts, New York, 1997
- Silas H. Rhodes Scholarship
- WebAward 2004 Winner, Outstanding Achievement in Website Development, EditorandPublisher.com
- Creative Excellence in Business Advertising (CEBA) 2004 Nominee, National Gold Council, NationalJeweler.com
- Creative Excellence in Business Advertising (CEBA) 2005 Nominee, Visionage, PDNonline.com
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Mobile Design
- User Experience Design
- Brand Design/Management
- Team Building
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Photo Retouching
- HTML, CSS, PHP